The Saudi Society for Healthcare Ethics (SSHCE) is considered the first Saudi professional body concerned with the ethical practice in healthcare. We are registered and under the umbrella of the Saudi Commission for Health Specialities and follows its bylaws.
We strive to develop the ethical guidance and practice in healthcare through advocacy, training, and research.
Our Board Members
- The Chair of the Ethics Committee and Assistant Director of Academic Affairs at the University Hospital of Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University.
- He received a Medical Bachelor degree from King Faisal University, a diploma in Epidemiology from King Saud University, Arab board certificate in Community Medicine and Fellowship in Bioethics from Harvard Medical School.
- He is teaching Research Methodology and Bioethics to postgraduate students at Colleges of medicine, medical sciences, nursing, and public health. He supervised a number of masters and doctoral thesis.
- He published in peer-reviewed scientific journals including the Lancet and is currently involved in writing the Encyclopedia of Islamic Bioethics.
- He is the editor of the Saudi Journal of Obesity and a member of the Editorial Advisory Board of the BMJ Open. He was elected as the general secretary of the Saudi Society of Healthcare Ethics and the general secretary of the Saudi Society of Medical Jurisprudence studies.
- UNESCO consultant to the Bioethics section, policies and programs division.
Dr. Mohamed-Hani Temsah
Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Intensive Care Member of the Ethics Committee of Medical Research in Medical City King Saud University
Vice-Chair of the Executive Committee
- Professor of family medicine and bioethics
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma of Pediatrics
- Fellowship of Arab Family Medicine
- Fellowship of Jordanian Family Medicine
- Master in Medical Education
- Master of Health Ethics
- Family Medicine Consultant and Vice-Dean for Administrative and Financial Affairs
- Head of department, Family medicine at Imam University
President of SSHE & Chair of the Executive Committee
- A professor in Family Medicine, Department of Family and Community Medicine College of Medicine, King Saud University.
- An Expert Medical Ethics: Teaching ethics for more than 28 years
- Chairman of the Clinical Ethics Committee at King Saud University Medical City (KSUMC)
- Founding member of the Saudi Society of Healthcare Ethics
- Member of the Jurisprudence Medical Committee at Aliftaa presidency, Saudi Arabia
- Ex-chairman, Saudi Board of Family and Community Medicine
- Ex-chairman, Department of Family and Community Medicine
- Ex-chairman, Research Ethics Committee/IRB at College of Medicine and University Hospitals (for 8 years)
- An author of a Book on Research Ethics (in Arabic)
Prof. Essam Abdulaziz Alshail
- He holds a medical college degree from King Saud University 1987
- Holds a board of neurosurgery 1995
- Fellowship in pediatric and neurosurgery at the University of Toronto 1998
- Consultant since 1998 at King Faisal Specialist Hospital
- Holds a master’s in business administration from Al Faisal University
- Director of ORs and deputy Head of the Department of Science and neurological
- Currently professor at the Faculty of Medicine at King Faisal University.